Wednesday, November 29, 2006

"Growth Spurt Growth Spurt, Very Hungryyyy, Clap Clap Clap, Poop and Pee"

Last night, you were h-u-n-g-r-y! You are not a hungry guy normally. I think you're going through a growth spurt. You were definitely letting me know that I was late with your dinner. I had already thawed an extra veggie because I've noticed these past couple days that you've been more eager to eat. So, I gave you some pieces of rice cake while I got the rest of your dinner ready. You ate 3 large veggie cubes (cauliflower, peas, squash), 1 fruit cube (guava and pear) mixed with 2 tablespoons of rice cereal, and an arrowroot for dessert. You still kept opening your mouth when I'd sign and say 'more?'. I didn't have anything else thawed, so I cracked open a jar of carrots/peas. YOU ATE THE WHOLE THING! You followed this with wanting an extra 2 ounces of formula! Crazy!
Now, about the formula and thus, the evening.
When we went to the grocery store this past weekend, they were out of your formula (Enfamil A+ DHA/ARA for 6+months). Rather than just wait or get the regular Enfamil A+ DHA/ARA, we decided to give the 6+months version of your old formula a try (President's Choice, like a knock off of Enfamil). It is $10.00 cheaper for the same amount, so it was worth a try.
Now the reason we stopped using it before, is we realised it had much to do with why you were spitting up, and possibly night waking long ago. We thought we'd still try this anyhow, since you're older, and it's the 6+ month one, so it's slightly different.
I didn't want to switch cold turkey, so I mixed half and half (old and new). Well, all three of those first bottles resulted in a bit of spit up. It wasn't too bad, but nonetheless. I thought, well, I'll just finish up the jug, and then I'll stop using it.
Remember how I said, you ate all that food and had the extra 2 ounces?
Well, I put you to bed, and you were only fussing a bit. You started to cry and sounded a bit muffled. I headed in to to pu/pd and flip you onto your back. Well, when I turned you over, you were covered in puke!!! Ewwwww! It was on your head, your face, your sleeves. Oh you poor guy! Daddy and I have decided that no matter how cheap it is, we're not buying it anymore!
I cleaned you up, and you went to sleep pretty quickly.

PU/PD
Well, you've been going down pretty well without your paci for your morning nap and bedtime, but that afternoon nap was killer yesterday. It took an hour! You've only been napping for 30 minutes in the morning (even with W2S) and only an hour in the afternoon! You usually sleep a total of 3 hrs. I'm chalking this up to 'change', and hope you'll go back to normal soon.
Today, you went down well for your morning nap and stayed down for 1.5 hours! Yay, I have my boy back! But then the afternoon nap was a rough time because we stayed out late at Starbucks with Auntie Jen. Sorry! However, you slept for another 1.5 hours! That's my boy!

YOU CAN CLAP NOW!!!

TODAY YOU PEED AND POOPED ON THE POTTY! AND PEED AGAIN AFTER YOUR MORNING NAP! AND PEED AGAIN AFTER YOUR AFTERNOON NAP! AND PEED AGAIN AFTER YOUR LATE AFTERNOON DRINK! AND PEED AGAIN AFTER YOUR BEDTIME BOTTLE! YAY!

YOU ALSO PEED IN THE BATHTUB.... BOO!

YOU'RE CRAZY AWESOME! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!

No comments: