Monday, March 12, 2012

Before I Post Our Disney Trip...

Firstly, the boys' combined birthday party.

There are no pictures of either of them blowing out the candles. There really never are. Every year, I ask Richard to take a picture of them blowing out the candles and every year, he does a video instead. pffftt.

Did we drop the cakes? Nope.

46 kids? Yes.

Yummy cake? Yes! People and kids wanted seconds and thirds!!! I can't take all the credit for that. Betty Crocker makes great cakes.

Here's AJ having fun at the birthday party. I wish I had more pictures, but I don't.

After the birthday party, we came home, stuffed the boys with some veggies and fruit, chatted with my mom, and looked through all the birthday cards.

We took the boys to Toys R Us to spend their birthday money (some money got put into their Disneyland spending money jar).


Dexter chose to spend his money on some Power Ranger Samurai figurines and TWO Imaginext Dinosaurs that he's been eyeing for some time.

He just had to take them into bed.

AJ spent his money on a giant Lego Star Wars ship that opens up. He spent the next couple days working on building this. There were two separate large books of instructions. He was diligent. I think I only got called in to help, like thrice. He's a great little Lego builder.



The boys thank everyone for their special gifts! Thank you!




After Disneyland, it was AJ real birthday. Unfortunately, it fell on a Thursday. Thursdays are a ridiculous day at our house, as it is not only my work day, but AJ goes to school during the day, karate from 5:15-6:15, and then has gymnastics from 6:30-8:30pm.

I realized on Wednesday night after dinner that I was not going to see him all day.

I said to him, "I'm not going to see you all tomorrow. We're not going to be able to get everyone together (family) for your birthday cake time, so how about we go to Dairy Queen right now, pick up a small ice cream cake, stick some candles in it, sing you Happy Birthday, and we'll let you open your gift from Mommy and Daddy and Dexter tonight?"

He agreed. We had some ice cream cake and he opened his new scooter (His old one broke. One too many jumps.).


No comments: