Monday, October 05, 2009

Wish I Had Followed My Instincts

Richard had an appointment today. I was originally thinking I was going to drive him. However, with his numbers on their way up, we figured it was fine for him to drive himself because he's not getting blood transfusions and such (meaning no Benadryl, meaning not too drowsy to drive home).

But... last night, he started to get a fever again. Bummer. This morning, I should've changed my mind and said I'd drive him. I don't know why we didn't both just decide to have me drive and 'keep the boys busy' during the appointment.

Of course.....

They've started him on antibiotics. That means he has to go to VGH every day again. He just finished going every day. I would say, that in 3 days from now, there will have been only 3 or 4 days .. tops... that he hasn't been at VGH. That's a 1-1.5 hour drive there and back (so up to 3 hours of driving) every day for a month. That's a lot of gas and a lot of kms (thanks Norma for doing the driving).

Richard's stuck hanging out downtown until the Benadryl wears off. So he probably won't be driving home until around 8pm, so home by 9pm. Yuck.

I have Jack and Rya tomorrow and it's AJ's preschool field trip, so Richard's called the volunteer driver service to take him to and from tomorrow's appointment.

Please cross your fingers or pray that Richard will only have to get antibiotics for 3 days. I was really hoping to fit in a family day at the pumpkin patch before he starts his next round of chemo.


Steph said...

Oh Sonja! Hang in there!!! Praying his antibiotics work quickly!!

The Bee Hive said...

Snap. Will be praying! For you and Richard guys are one tough couple and will have an amazing success story. :-)