Wednesday, September 01, 2010

I Haven't Any Pictures from my Phone Today

Technically, there are some pictures on my phone from taking the boys to Captain Kids with Auntie Erica (thanks for joining us!, Jack, and Rya), but
1. They're not that great.
2. I'm just wiped and in no mood to upload pics from my phone.

I swear that if I look back at this time in Richard's treatment last year, I complained of headaches for several days just like I'm experiencing now.

I had pro-d's for work today and yesterday. I came home with a headache today and yesterday, I started getting a visual migraine at work, took some Tylenol (Thanks Jen!), nipped it in the bud and it only turned into a headache rather than an actual migraine.

Yuck.

I haven't been to the gym since last Friday. Double-yuck. Feel like crap.

But, then again, I can't complain. Someone always has it worse.

Speaking of Richard....

Missing him lots, well, terribly, actually. The boys have sniffly noses and in the last two days, a cough. Couple that with being at work the last two days, and it means not taking them to visit Richard this week. He's sick enough. He doesn't need germ infested parasites, I mean kids.

Richard's been feeling pretty badly the last few days. Still has a fever, but I think it's hovering more around 38 C. His bone marrow biopsy turned out 'all clear' as expected. So, what now? I don't really know. I guess we're still waiting for an excellent match, and we're definitely waiting for Richard's numbers come back up. I sure hope he gets to spend a little bit of time at home before he goes through whatever it is he'll be enduring next. Would be great to have him home to love and cuddle.

Not sure if I'll be staying over this weekend or not. Depends on what I can iron out. Dad isn't opposed to taking both boys overnight (it would be his first sleepover with the boys!), but he was also keen on taking AJ possibly around the sea wall or something on a trail-a-bike, so that would not be doable if he had Dexter too.

This picture is of a trail-a-bike for those who don't know what one is. This is NOT a picture of AJ and my dad...lol.


Hmmm... wonder if he'd like to borrow the bike trailer? hee hee




More thank yous

I hope I'm not forgetting anything! It's hard to remember what days I received cards and such since I worked this week. I'm all a jumble.

Thank you to my BabyWhisperer Mar/Apr 2006 Babies - Birthclub Girls (friends) who sent an unbelievable package of gift cards and help and stickers and fun for the boys. Sometimes I just don't know what I'd do without these girls. And the shocker? Out of the 16 girls who went in on the package (thank you Keri for taking on the organizing role), I've only actual met 3 of them! They are from all over the world... Canada, USA, Singapore, Poland, Estonia, Scotland, England, Russia, and Australia. Wow. It blows my mind just to write that. Thank you so much girls. You just have no idea how much it means to Richard and I.

Speaking of people I've never met! Wendy, a friend of Richard's mom's, sent us a card and gift as well. So thoughtful. So generous. Just brings a tear to my eye. Thank you.

A thank you to all of my colleagues who sent their well wishes, prayers, and good health vibes to Richard. It's always good to know there's so much positive energy heading Richard's way.

A thank you to my dad who picked up Richard's laundry for him yesterday to clean and return to him since I wouldn't be getting out to him in time. That was a really big help. Thanks Dad.

A thank you to Kim and her helpers (my brother Paul, her friend Kareen, and her friend Caitlin) for watching the boys for these two days while I was at work!


Thank you to Richard for chatting with me on the phone at Costco to be sure I was buying the right stuff!

Love you, Richard. We are thinking about you all the time. I'll give you a call right now to say 'goodnight'.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey- just let me know if you want me to come Thursday night and sleepover with the boys and bring them to my house Friday. I'll be away this weekend, otherwise I'd offer that.
E.

AJ and Dexter's Mom said...

Thanks Erica!