Friday, December 15, 2006

"Baba for Real, Potty Crawl, Dada, Farzzle's World, Stand Up Legs, Almost Lost Monkey, Oranges, The Worst Cold Ever"

I walked into your bedroom yesterday morning, and clear as day you said, "Baba". This is the word we use for 'bottle'. You didn't say, "bababababab", you said, "Baba". Like you were saying to me, "Mommy, it's time for my bottle. I only had half as much as normal last night."

Three times now, you've crawled to the potty, and after taking off your diaper in the off chance that you may be trying to tell me that you have to pee, you peed! Coincidence?

You've really been saying Dada. I think you mean Daddy. It seems like you know what you're talking about.

Correction. This morning, while playing your leaning over peek-a-boo game with Daddy, you looked right at him about three times, and said, "Dada". Yup, I'm going to say that Baba and Dada are your first words.

You love Farzzle's World. It's this cartoon with an animated baby that only babbles, occasionally saying the odd word like 'ball'. You are mesmerised by him. He has a big imagination. Anyhow, the day before yesterday, Farzzle had some cups that he was knocking over with a ball. You saw this, and crawled over to your cups, and grabbed one to play with whilst watching Farzzle.

Many times now, while you are crawling, you all of a sudden take your knees off the ground so you are up on your hands and feet. It looks like you're getting ready to stand, but you don't.

While we were Christmas shopping this week, we lost Monkey in Army and Navy. Luckily, one of the clerks found him for us. Phew. I think I was definitely more worried than you.

You tried oranges the other day. Just in time for you to get your WORST COLD EVER! Your nose is running like a tap. You were so pouty and moany today. You poor little guy. You hardly napped. You were miserable. Luckily, you were good for Daddy when I went out with Auntie Jen. After this cold, I'm washing Monkey for sure. He is so stinky and covered in so much snot, it's just gross.

No comments: