Wednesday, December 22, 2010

More to Say About Richard

Actually, there isn't much with which to update you.

I do have some pics to post, but they'll have to wait. I've got a messy house, baking to do, and I think I'm about to drop it all to go head to Vancouver to visit Richard.

I'm feeling good. I'm not sick. The boys miss him. I miss him.



Here's a little update:

Yesterday, they tried to put in a 'bigger than normal' catheter. Richard didn't last an hour. He said the pain was unbearable to the point that he was actually crying. He had them take it out.

The good thing?

He said it gave him some 'pain perspective'...lol....
He thought that he could not handle the lack of sleep he was getting having to pee every half hour. He has now decided that he can, in fact, and will enjoy not getting a good sleep if it means not having to have that catheter in.

Will he be home for Christmas?

We still don't know. I'm not getting my hopes up, but I am hopeful. As I see it, he still has three whole days to be good enough to come home, even if it's just for the one night, if he feels up to it.

Norma is there with him right now. That makes me feel better, and makes her feel better, and I'm sure, makes Richard feel better.

We are 'at peace' with how Christmas will turn out, however it turns out. Decisions have been made....

It will be my first Christmas waking in my own house instead of my mom's and I'm feeling good with that.

My Dad is going to stay over at our place Christmas Eve and Richard feels good about that.

I've told Richard that if he changes his mind at ANY time, to let me know and we will come out to see him Christmas day, but...

So far, what makes Richard feel good is knowing the boys are having a 'normal' Christmas which would mean waking up at home, heading to Mom's around 10am, finishing Christmas, and having Christmas dinner at Mom's, even if Richard's in the hospital.

I'm going to take out Richard's Christmas gift tonight in hopes that he'd like to open it early. I will leave it with him in case he's in the hospital for Christmas day.

We'll see how things progress and if things change.





Thank you...

A big thank you to everyone who has sent Christmas cards. I know they're a normal part of Christmas each year, but I just love opening the mail box and finding more Christmas cards. They put a smile on my face!

A BIG thank you to Dean's (my principal) 'worship team' at Bridge Community Church, Doug and Joyce (Jen's in laws), Carol and John (Erica's parents), and to Eagle West Cranes who helped make Christmas a little less stressful.

Thanks to Rhonda for some farm fresh eggs and thanks to Jen and Dave for a fun time at Safari Kids Zone!!

I'm forgetting someone, but I'm sure it will come to me!

1 comment:

Steph said...

Our love & prayers are with you guys. Praying that despite the circumstances this Christmas is memorable & joyful!!