Monday, November 02, 2009

Down One, Up Two, and Painting

I called Jen last night to say that I really didn't feel like taking AJ to gymnastics Monday (today). I just wanted to schlump around the house. I offered that in trade for her taking AJ, I could take her two, Emerson and Jaxon. While the three babies played, I got a little bit of my kitchen tidied up and some laundry done.






When Jen came back to get Emerson and Jaxon, she offered to take AJ for a playdate. Woo hoo! Okay! That meant that I could really get some stuff done and spend some good time with just Dexter too.

While Dexter ate his lunch, I got out the power sander and started sanding down the 'babyish-and-too-much-pink' pictures on his walls. After he was done lunch, he came and joined me.



We read some stories and played some 'horsey', and then I started the next step....

Painting over the crazy farm animals.

I've been trying to think of what I could paint on the walls that would enable me to keep the grass and the sky. I wasn't interested in totally redoing Dexter's room. I didn't want to do anything too big as I'm hoping in a year or so, he may have an opinion about what his room theme is, like maybe,.... dinosaurs. Which I would've done now except that he's really been afraid of 'scary' things lately.

While walking through Winners last week, I found a growth chart with footballs, basketballs, soccer balls, and baseballs flying through the air. I had already been thinking about a sports theme anyhow.

When Dexter woke from his nap, I finished painting blue over the animals, a second coat. Then, later, after picking up AJ from Jen's house, when the boys were eating dinner, I escaped down the hall to start drawing and then 'blocking out' the ball images that I'll paint on the walls, probably on Thursday.

This picture will be a tennis ball and a golf ball.



This will be a puck. Hence the non-perfect circle. It'll be a little 3-D. But it's not really 'feeling' quite right.

This will be a football on the left and a soccer ball on the right.
And finally, on the left will be baseball and on the right will be a basketball.

So, that's what we did today.



But more importantly!!!!

Richard had his last day of chemo today! He's been keeping the blog up to date. He seemed not-too-bad when I talked to him earlier. And when I got off the phone with him around 7:45pm tonight, he seemed not-too-bad and in pretty good spirits!

I'll talk to him again tonight and let you know if anything's changed.

Tomorrow, AJ had preschool and Rya and Jack will be here for the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thx for all the pictures and updates. Dexter's room will look great. Elva here for a few days which is fun. Bud arrived in Duncan last nite after an uneventful flight. Miss you and love you!!!! Grannie