Sunday, December 22, 2013

Dexter My Little Artiste.

So, I keep on putting stuff on Facebook, and not on here, but this, I wanted to be sure made it to the 'baby book'.  Dexter is really coming along in his artistic ways.  He must get it from my Grandpa because I couldn't do stuff like this when I was his age.  Everything seems to show perspective.  I don't know where he's learning this or if he just sees the world in that way.  This is a picture of Bethlehem.  On the left is a building.  I'm thinking it's what he thinks the "Inn" looked like.  He's made it 3-D.  Not accurately, but nonetheless.  The star, has shadows on it in the areas that the sun or in this case, the star, I guess, wouldn't reach it.  And the houses to the right, they get smaller as they get further away.  Nuts.  I love looking at his drawings.  Every time he shows me one, I just go bananas over all the  details, like showing parts of the wheels from the back side of vehicles.  He wants some art classes.  I think that's what we'll sign him up for after his winter gymnastics session.  I had Richard take a picture because Dexter gave this picture away to his Sunday School teacher.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dexter, Grannie loves the picture !!! My Uncle Ray was a very good artist and so IS nephew Daniel. When Daniel was Dexter,s age he was constantly drawing carton characters. Dexter's perspective appears to be there. But then Sonja you like to draw as well. Grannie will be hoping to get an original work for Christmas. See you soon, Love to all Grannie